So lets' see here.... what have we been up to lately?
Kelly and Abby both performed WONDERFULLY at their dance recitals. Of course I'm still waiting for the DVD's of their performance numbers. They looked beautiful, and danced their little hearts out. It was a looooong day though with Kelly's performance being at the 9:00 a.m. show, and Abby's being at the 3:00 p.m. show. We were all spent by the end. Grandma Jeannie and Grandma Robison were both able to make it though. The girls were very happy to have their own little cheering sections in the audience.

Only a week or so after the dance recital, we had the fun of hosting a BBQ at our house for the Gibson family reunion. No, no.... it really was fun. Gary loves to grill, and he was happy to feed a ton of people. Everyone loved his ribs in particular. YUM! At first we thought we were going to have about 75 people here, but it ended up only being about 55. We were pleasantly surprised that our yard can hold more people than we originally thought! The weather also seemed to cooperate. It cooled down faster than we'd thought it would. Of course, it might have had something to do with the makeshift misting system that Gary had rigged along our walls, and the TWO outdoor swamp coolers he set up. Leave it to Gary to think of all that.... I don't know what I'd do without him!
The only other thing really noteworthy (to me, anyway) is that my old computer finally decided to give up on me. Josh was nice enough to come into town and spend the night out here with Logan. He spent the entire day building my new computer, installing all of the new software, and trying to save many of my old files. He plugged my old hard drive in externally, and it made a pretty scary screeching sound....
So now I have a new computer that we've affectionately dubbed the "Pink Beast." I jokingly told Josh that I was going to get a horridly colored computer case, and found a pretty cheap pink one. I'd decided to spend a little more and get a plain old beige one, but then Kelly saw the picture of the pink one and had to have it. The pink was going to end up saving about $15 or $20, so I caved.
Little did I know that the power supply would burn up in less than 24 hours, so I would have been better off buying the beige after all! Everything is fixed again though, and all is well. Until we start building Gary's new one, that is. Kelly and I have already decided that he will get an 'Alien' case for his. With glowing red LCD alien eyes....
While Josh and Logan were in town, we thought Logan would like to visit Uncle Gary's fire station. So we were able to spend an hour or so there, before we headed out to Pahrump for Ben's pirate birthday party. The kids each got little fire hats, they got to look around, Gary helped them all try out one of the fire hoses, and then they piled into the engine for a quick drive around the block. From the looks of the pictures, it wasn't only the little kids having fun. Looks like the big boys were enjoying it just as much!



2 comments:
HOLY COW...my boys would be exstatic to go to a real firestation! Carson will probably get to for a pre-school field trip this year.
CUTE KIDS!
Logan had so much fun! Thanks! He loves the fireman hat...so does Raylie.
Post a Comment