And so, so sweet to donate those lovely tresses for a good cause. Kelly's very happy for several reasons: First, she knows another little kid who doesn't have hair will get a wig now with her hair in it. Second, she finally gets a cute 'short' haircut like Abby got right after Christmas. And last, she gets cute bangs.
I don't mind trimming the girls' hair up, but I wasn't brave enough to do the bangs myself this time. So Kelly got to visit my hair stylist. What a treat!

Her hair turned out very cute. As an extra special treat for me, I got to kidnap her for another hour or so for myself. We went on a 'Girl's Date' to the Cheesecake Factory, and pigged out on lunch and sweets.

Just to finish off her hair story, we took a picture of her with her lovely locks, soon to be on their way cross country to begin the long process of becoming the new hair for a child in need. Then she personally handed the envelope to the mailman at the post office.


If anyone is interested in donating hair to Locks of Love, here is their official website, including instructions on how to do it, and pictures of recipients.
Well, I don't know why it's not showing up right as a link, but the website is http://www.locksoflove.org/
I don't mind trimming the girls' hair up, but I wasn't brave enough to do the bangs myself this time. So Kelly got to visit my hair stylist. What a treat!

Her hair turned out very cute. As an extra special treat for me, I got to kidnap her for another hour or so for myself. We went on a 'Girl's Date' to the Cheesecake Factory, and pigged out on lunch and sweets.
Just to finish off her hair story, we took a picture of her with her lovely locks, soon to be on their way cross country to begin the long process of becoming the new hair for a child in need. Then she personally handed the envelope to the mailman at the post office.
If anyone is interested in donating hair to Locks of Love, here is their official website, including instructions on how to do it, and pictures of recipients.
Well, I don't know why it's not showing up right as a link, but the website is http://www.locksoflove.org/



6 comments:
Absolutely darling! She looks so grown up. That was a wonderful thing to do.
Love your hair Kelly! Some lucky little girl will get your beautiful locks!
That's awesome! My hair wouldn't make it to those lengths. Cute new do too!
Hi Melanie, I found your blog through Sandy's and thought I would say hi. Alex says hello as well. Your kids are getting so big! Our blog is heatheralex.blogspot.com. Aren't these things great?
Kelly looks beautiful with her short hair! And locks of love is such a worthy cause. That's where I sent my hair a couple months ago, too!
Love your blog, Melanie! I'll send you an invite to our so we can keep in even better touch. Jake and I just love hanging out with you and Gary! Yesterday was fun - Happy Birthday again, Gary!
What a fun day and special cause! Love her new do too!
Post a Comment